One of the opportunities we provide to empower our participants and community members is Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. This nationally acclaimed program gives individuals resources to take control of their finances, work towards being debt free, and the privilege of being generous. Statistics in America show us:
- Average Household Income: $56,516
- Average Household Debt: $187,187 (Mortgages, Student Loans, Auto Loans, Credit Cards)
- 76% of people live from paycheck to paycheck
- Average household wastes 24% of their take-home pay on consumer debt.
- 64% can’t cover a $1000 emergency
- Money problems are one of the top 3 reasons for marital problems and divorce
FPU has proven to be a game-changer in helping improving people’s financial outlook. Dave uses conventional wisdom along with Biblical principles to spell out ways to experience freedom in this area of their lives.
- God wants us to be wise stewards. “Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest” (Proverbs 3:9).
- God doesn’t want us to be in debt. “The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender’s slave” (Proverbs 22:7).
- God wants us to be generous, and to allow our finances to be a part of His plan in the world. “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed” (Proverbs 19:17).
- God wants us to prosper. “Then the LORD your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground…” (Deuteronomy 30:9). [*NOTE: “prosperous” doesn’t necessarily mean “rich” and doesn’t only apply to finances]
- God want us to experience peace. “Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’…For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6: 31-33).
Every paid participant will receive an FPU membership kit with the student manual (9 sessions), course CDs, FPU “wallet,” and other valuable money management tools. Read here to learn more about our next course, starting September 20th.