Are you looking for an organization to take your gently used items and make the most of them? We, at Salt & Light, would be honored to receive your donated goods and make them available to our community members.
What is the impact of your donation?
- Our participants can use their earned credit to purchase needed thrift (and grocery) items in our stores.
- Anyone can shop in our stores, which is incredibly important for students, senior citizens, and people looking for a great bargain.
- Proceeds from sales make up for more than 80% of our annual budget, allowing for us to provide more needed services to local families in need..
- Your donated items are processed by our team members, community volunteers, and program participants. We work side by side, building relationships, and creating stronger community connections.
We make it easy to donate too! Both of our locations offer contact-free donation drive-thrus for your safety and convenience. These drive-thrus are open during all of our business hours.
What can/can’t we accept for donations? Refer to the graphics below and use them as a guide.
A few important reminders:
- We CANNOT accept food donations. The groceries in our stores are purchased just like any other major grocery store.
- We can accept clothing, shoes, and textiles in ANY CONDITION. Any textile items that don’t meet quality standards for the store will be recycled. In 2020 alone, we kept 1,400,000 pounds of clothing out of the landfill. The income we receive from our recycling program helps us keep our grocery shelves stocked!
- Gently used household items and furniture are always in high demand.
Your donated goods matter to families right here in Central Illinois. After you finish dropping off your donations, park your car and come inside. We would love to meet you!